To get you started, here is a brief outline of the process of getting your website online.
• Pre-design meeting. We discuss your vision for your website.
• Register domain name. This should be done as early as possible with a reputable registration service. I can do this as part of your web design package. The cost of a domain name is up to $35 per year.
• Organization and site architecture. Basically, figuring out which pages go where, what information will be on them, etc.
• Design & layout of visual concept. Based on our discussions, I generally design 2-3 site mockups that you can then choose from or that we can use as starting points for arriving at the final design.
• Final design of site. During this phase, good communication is crucial to ensure that the final result matches your ideas.
• Addition of text and pictures into final site pages, finalization of layout, and testing of all aspects of site.
• Arrange web site hosting. This is an outside service that I can arrange for you. A reliable website host costs from $5-20 a month for most sites.
• Final approval meeting. I confirm website is to your expectations.
• "Go live" with site - put it online, accessible to the public.
• Register with search engines. This is an optional, although highly recommended, final step in putting your site online. This assures that your web site is seen by potential customers when using online search tools.
As of 7/1/09 we no longer support IE6